Yachting with Confidence this Summer
Under the latest developments on the Coronavirus (Covid-19), travellers become more and more concerned on their travel plans and next holidays. The concerns are real but shall not be that frightening to stay home this summer season.
What could be the safest environment for a holiday if not onboard a fully chartered yacht?
Travel by private jets has reported an increasing demand, as a more controlled means to avoid public airport lounges and commercial flights. In a yacht charter, the family with friends can enjoy its vacation time away of the more congested resorts and mass tourism in a more exclusive and controlled environment.
On a yacht vacation
- impeccable cleanliness and hygienic environment – the yacht can be sanitised before embarkation;
- it is the Charterer and his own guests cruising – not sharing with co-vacationers;
- can travel between destinations in absolute privacy;
- destinations can be altered at short notice to avoid higher risk areas;
- if not wishing to enter into the more busy marina, anchor off and tender to the port – controlled contact with more congested environments;
- private tours and dinning can be arranged through the yacht’s concierge; or
- days spent at anchor enjoying the amazing beaches and coves, fresh breeze, water toys collection and onboard facilities;
- an exclusive Chef – F&B service is available 24/7 under a more controlled hygiene and strict protocols;
The yachting industry is keeping up with the rapidly changing developments
The Captains are in close contact with the authorities and the whole industry to follow health protection guidelines, monitor/test their crew for any signs of possible infection and take all necessary measures e.g. to sanitise the yacht between charters. If things get to the worst in their home ports, the Owners shall also be prepared to show their flexibility, to the standard agreements wording, and consider to
- reposition the yacht and offer alternative cruise destinations;
- offer alternative dates;
- credit the charterer for a next season trip, if nothing else is possible.
The Coronavirus threat shall not be used as a “cancellation tool”
If a real and confirmed threat is not present to the particular cruise destinations onboard a yacht. We shall appreciate that an Owner puts all his effort as to best maintain, upgrade and crew her to the highest standards ready for the season for his guests’ enjoyment and shall not be treated unfair. Charterers on the other hand are always encouraged to the possibility to buy a travel insurance for their yachting holiday, as with all their other travel arrangements.
We are all wishing that the warmer summer months will bring a halt to the spread of the virus, as many believe.
We consider a Yachting Holiday is Safer and shall not hesitate to Cruise with Confidence